Mountain Viewing Deck Complete
Our project started in April and is now, finally, complete. Introducing our new outdoor firepit and mountain viewing deck. Our guests at Brookside Mountain Mist Inn can now enjoy the beauty of the Smoky Mountains with the ambiance of an outdoor fire. The new deck is equipped with an LP gas firepit which offers quick and easy set up for our guests. In addition, the firepit can be used during the summer months because of the adjustable flame size. We can even set up tiki torches with citranella for greater comfort while enjoying the firepit at night. Come join us in celebrating our newest addition at Brookside Mountain Mist Inn in Waynesville, North Carolina.
July is National Parks and Recreation Month
Since 1985, America has celebrated July as the nation's official Park and Recreation Month. Each July, NRPA encourages recreation facilities and parks across the country to kick-off summer programs, promote outdoor physical recreation, and pull together volunteers to make their outdoor space a thriving center of community activity.
Did You Know?
Between 8-10 million people visit Great Smoky Mountains National Park each year, making it the most visited national park in the country. Another interesting fact is that Brookside Mountain Mist Inn is only 20 minutes to the Cataloochee gate of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Come for the scenery, stay for the adventure!
Teacher Appreciation Special
We want to show our teachers just how much we appreciate them. From June 16th - August 15th we are offering all teachers that stay with us complimentary chocolate-covered strawberries upon arrival and 1/2 off your massage! We think teachers are the best and we want to help give the teacher in your life a summer of fun and relaxation here in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina.
Just bring your school ID and we'll do the rest! Call us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880 to reserve your room today!
Brookside Recipe Books are here!
After many requests for our recipes, we have finally published Brookside Mountain Mist Inn's first Recipe Book.
Of course, we included our most popular breakfast recipes. We also added some of our favorite childhood recipes right from our mothers' kitchens to yours.
Order yours today! Remember, they make great gifts for friends and family. To order, send check or money order in the amount of $10.99 plus $4.00 shipping to our address listed below. Or, you can use your credit card by calling us, toll free, at 1-877-452-6880. Hurry, we have a limited supply!
Spinach Cheese Phyllo Squares
Yields: 10 Servings
6 Sheets Phyllo Dough (14 x 9 inches) thawed
1 Pkg. (10 oz.) Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 ½ Cups Mozzarella Cheese
1 ½ Cups Cheddar Cheese
1 ½ Cups Cottage Cheese
Black Pepper, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
Onion Powder, to taste
1 ½ Teaspoons Dried Parsley Flakes
¼ Teaspoon Salt
Bacon Bits (optional)
6 Egg Whites
1 ½ Cup Milk
- Layer 3 sheets of Phyllo Dough in 9 x 13 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, lightly spraying the top of each sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine Spinach, Mozzarella Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Cottage Cheese, 2 Eggs , Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Parsley Flakes and Salt
- Spread over Phyllo dough
- Top with remaining Phyllo sheets, lightly spraying the top of each sheet with nonstick cooking spray
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 10 squares
- Cover and Chill for 1 Hour
- Beat Egg Whites, Milk and remaining 2 Eggs, pour over Casserole
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Remove from refrigerator 1 hour before baking
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden brown
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting